Our COVID-19 Protocols
Ensuring the safety of our patients and clinical care team
We have been hard at work developing and implementing the most effective, and evidence-based protocols for resuming safe delivery of routine dental services in the current environment. Our team is excited to be back to help you achieve and maintain your overall dental health.
You will see many changes designed to enhance the safety of all office procedures and delivery systems that include:
- Weekly Jackson Square staff COVID testing.
- Medical grade air purification system installed in the office to filter germs from ambient air every 15 minutes.
- New personal protection equipment to include face shields, N-95 masks, and gowns for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Enhanced distancing in the reception area.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Enhanced disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Implementation of protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Longer appointment times where appropriate for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Provide Covid-19 testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
- Daily temperature and oxygen levels screening of our team members upon entry.
- COVID-19 testing of all team members as needed.
- Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
You would also notice changes in your experience at our dental office. These changes are designed to follow CDC recommendations and enhance the safety of our patients:
- Pre-appointment COVID-19 Screening questionnaires will be sent and are required to be filled out before the appointment.
- Temperature and oxygen level of all patients will be taken upon entering our office.
- Oral rinse will be given to you prior to starting your procedure to reduce microbe levels.
- Contact-free checkout is available.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from our reception directly to treatment rooms to minimize contacting surfaces.
- Require hand sanitizing before all appointments for all our patients.
Patients and team members are encouraged to have COVID-19 Testing, which can be arranged with your primary care provider, or at one of many screening locations in San Francisco. Please visit https://sf.gov/find-out-how-get-tested-coronavirus to learn more.
Please contact us with any questions you may have, and we look forward to helping you smile again!
— Dr. Jeffrey Katz and the team at Jackson Square Dentistry